Questions And Answers

# List All Questions Search List by Category
Question Currently my company is using cardboard templates to check for missing components at PCBA (IC and SMD chips). The template will be put on top of the PCBA and it can generate static charge. The cardboard will be cut (holes) according to the size of the component to detect whether there are any missing components. My question is what is the suitable material to replace the paper cardboard and at the same time we flexible enough to cut holes into? - Anonymous, Senai, Malaysia
Answer You can replace your cardboard template with a dissipative template as long as it is suitably grounded to the same power ground that's on your bench. FRP is machinable, easy to drill holes in, and might be suitable for your case. Avoid materials that are too conductive as they may actually cause an ESD from the device to the conductive template.
Related Categories:
If you have found this Q/A useful, please rate it based on its helpfulness.
Rating Rating Rating Rating Rating
This question has been rated: 60%60%60%60%
(60% at 1 Ratings)